The Society for the Lost Arts is fiscally sponsored by the School Factory Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that supports spaces like ours around the country. When you donate, you’re helping us and helping others like us!
How your donation helps:
- $50 buys two pounds of fiber for spinning
- $100 replaces rollers or tympans on our antique letterpresses
- $150 pays for ink or paper
- $200 pays for our internet hosting
- $350 covers a spinning or weaving workshop
- $500 goes towards buying new spinning wheels
- $1000 buys a new loom
Click here (opens new tab) to pay by check. We encourage you to pay by check to reduce the amount we pay in fees – especially for larger donations. You can also choose your amount and make a donation online via PayPal.
What happens after I donate?
You will receive a letter acknowledging your donation, which you should use when filing your Federal income tax. For tips on claiming your donation as a tax deduction, let the IRS be your guide: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Eight-Tips-for-Deducting-Charitable-Contributions